Maintains inventory in procedural areas with complex supply needs, and/or performs receiving functions. This position is also responsible for working with customers to ensure a positive supply chain experience, and must be able to effectively communicate with management, staff and physicians.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or equivalent or a combination of education and directly applicable related work experience.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 2 years’ experience in a warehouse/supply environment using an electronic inventory management system. Medical Supply Chain experience preferred.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
- Ability to operate office equipment, computers, fax, copier, etc. required.
- Must be able to understand and utilize the inventory, distribution, and receiving capabilities of the MMIS system.
- Must be able to adapt to change at a rapid pace, and perform work functions with considerable interruptions.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs and push wheeled carts weighing up to 800lbs over hard surfaces.
May require current registration with the state Board of Pharmacy as a Pharmacy Technician, as applicable
- Provides customer service to assigned areas, ensuring all supply needs are met. Communicates with staff, management and physicians to ensure their needs are met proactively. Accountable for ensuring critical products in assigned areas are available when needed, thus preventing the interruption/delay of care.
2. Adds or removes items from par locations as directed by management. Inventories and restocks supply locations in assigned areas using the Materials Management Information System. Manages lead times for non-stock items and monitors backorders, and communicates with buyers and/or vendors as needed to expedite supplies.
3. Performs maintenance on assigned stocking locations, manages par levels, and ensures that stock is presented according to applicable standards, is rotated, and is regularly checked for expiration. Assists management in preparing reports detailing inventory of high dollar items.
4. Processes the return of unneeded stock items to distribution center and unneeded non-stock items to vendors.
5. Procures contracted items using procurement punch-out applications, and requests contracted item adds to the MMIS as directed by management.
6. Performs receiving functions using MMIS according to applicable policies and procedures. Verifies accuracy of shipment, and works with procurement and/or requesters to resolve any discrepancies. Delivers received products to requesters in an efficient and timely manner.
7. Responds to product recalls as directed by management.
8. Sorts and delivers mail.
9. Performs other duties as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Skill and ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in-writing.
Skill and ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
Ability to work as a member of a team.
Skill and ability to use MMIS and Microsoft Office applications.
- The above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Dirección Atlanta, GA