Possibility to become a full time depending on business levels.
The job purpose of the Front Desk Agent is to perform all desk related functions including but not limited to checking guests in and out, making room reservations, answering the phone calls of the hotel, giving recommendations, and providing directions.
Empowered to resolve guest complaints and work under minimum supervision.
Key duties/responsibilities of Front Desk Agent:
- Provide quotes for room rates and up-sell the guest when possible.
2. Assist in coordinating the Front Desk and the Housekeeping Department.
3. Verify that the correct charges and credits are posted to the corresponding guest folio.
4. Collect payment for charges on the guest folio.
5. Ensure all cash and cash equivalents are accounted for and balanced at the beginning and end of each work shift.
6. Responds to guest inquiries.
7. Be knowledgeable of our local area and serve as concierge whenever needed.
8. Manage phone activity including providing general knowledge to callers.
9. Register and assign rooms to guests.
10. Resolve guest complaints within scope of authority; and follow up when needed to ensure guest satisfaction.
11. Respond to all incoming e-mails on a professional manner using proper grammar.
12. Make and confirm reservations.
- Perform all the side duties assigned.
Previous experience in hotel industry required.
Flexible schedules including nights, weekends and holidays.
Experience with Opera PMS system strongly preferred.
Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
10 days Paid Vacation (when associate is full time)
Health Insurance (when associate is full time)
Incentive program (Guest recognition & Walk ins)
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $12.00 per hour
- Hotel Front Desk: 1 year (Required)
- Opera: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
Communication method(s) used:
- In person
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Dirección Miami, FL
- Salary Offer $12.00 per hour